No money available at all means using empty containers and filling them with water from your faucet.
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) recommends cleaning and sanitizing the containers carefully first with soap and bleach. See the CDC website at: http://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/emergency/safe_water/personal.html for details. Here are the basic directions from their website:
“Before filling with safe water, use these steps to clean and sanitize storage containers:
- Wash the storage container with dishwashing soap and water and rinse completely with clean water.
- Sanitize the container by adding a solution made by mixing 1 teaspoon of unscented liquid household chlorine bleach in one quart of water.
- Cover the container and shake it well so that the sanitizing bleach solution touches all inside surfaces of the container.
- Wait at least 30 seconds and then pour the sanitizing solution out of the container.
- Let the empty sanitized container air-dry before use OR rinse the empty container with clean, safe water that already is available.”
You won’t be able to donate this water but it can help sustain you in a time of crisis.
Your life is important. If you have a pulse, you have a purpose.
Having money issues does not take away from your worth and value. Not having money also does not excuse you from giving. God always provides all the resources we need when He asks us to do anything. Without Him we can do nothing. You may not be in a position to donate water or food but you can prepare your household. You never know who God may send your way in a crisis. Prepare yourself.